18-night Antarctica, Patagonia, Chilean Fjords - Exploration of the Southern Highlights Southbound V
Ship NameMS Fram
MS Fram was built in 2007 with one mission in mind - to bring her guests closer to nature, wildlife, and unforgettable experiences. As well as offering numerous lounges in which to relax, more active guests can use the well-equipped gym. Meanwhile, on deck, the Jacuzzis guarantee you surreal memories when passing the towering icebergs of Antarctica or Greenland.
- Transfer from the ship to Ushuaia airport after the expedition cruise
- Flight in economy class from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, sauna with floor-to-ceiling window, indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Antarctica
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Rates are capacity controlled, subject to availability and change without notice.
Ports of Call
- Santiago (Valparaiso)
- Puerto Eden
- Puerto Natales
- Cape Horn
- Drake Passage
- Air Travel
- Cruise Ends (Debarkation)
- Buenos Aires
There is an English-speaking physician and nurse on board at all times. The ship has a small medical facility with the necessary equipment and drugs to handle small emergencies. In the event of a serious emergency, the nearest hospital will be contacted.
Medical consultations, as well as medicines, will be charged to the passenger affected. Guests are responsible for all medical expenses.
Guests who are dependent on medication should bring sufficient supplies to last through any unforeseen delays. It is also recommended that you keep your medications in your hand luggage, properly labeled, and with clear instructions for its use. If you depend on vital drugs, please inform the ship's doctor upon arrival.
Special Dietary Needs - Advance Notice Required
Guests with special dietary requests must inform Hurtigruten at the time of booking. While they will do their best to meet such requests but cannot guarantee to do so and in no circumstances will any such request be accepted as part of a contractual agreement.
Passengers with strict diets, e.g. vegans, may find that there is a limited choice.
Wheelchair Access & Special Needs
The ship is suitable for wheelchairs. Persons in need of special assistance must travel with a companion. Please note that the ship's gangway must be used in order to embark/disembark wheelchairs. In ports where tidal conditions or other circumstances require the use of a portable gangway, or during landings with Polarcirkel boats, there is no possibility to use/take wheelchairs.
Conference Room/Conference Center
There is an internet caf
The emphasis on board is on relaxation and getting away from the commercial entertainment which is so often a part of conventional cruises. Hurtigruten's aim is to get closer to unique environments and share the experience with fellow passengers. Occasionally, there be some musical entertainment on board in the evenings.
Your voyage includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Beverages and refreshments during the day are not included and can be purchased on board in the restaurant, cafeteria, and bar.
There is an onboard shop selling souvenirs, knitwear, books, postcards, postage stamps, and a limited supply of toiletries.
Private mobile telephones may be used on board although reception may vary. Check with your provider for costs when using your phone abroad.
Infirmary / Medical Center
There is an English-speaking physician and nurse on board at all times. The ship has a small medical facility with the necessary equipment and drugs to handle small emergencies.
Sports, Health and Fitness
Cruise reviews reflect the opinions of travel editors and cruisers / readers and may not represent those of our company
There are currently no reviews available for this ship.