This month’s Memorable City focuses on Houston, Texas, a city that many people know very little about. With that in mind, and to add a bit of spice for all you Trivia seekers, we have come up with “Did You Know” facts on Houston.
DID YOU KNOW THAT HOUSTON...
- Is the 4th largest city in the US?
- Is exceeded only by New York City with the amount of Fortune 500 companies that are headquartered there?
- Is one of the few cities to be named after a sitting President? General Sam Houston was President of the Republic of Texas
- Is the largest city in the United States that does not have zoning regulations?
- Attracted many companies to relocate to Houston in the 1950’s due to the widespread availability of - air conditioning?