10-Nights Jewels of Southern Africa
Jewels of Southern Africa
A Trove of Gleaming Gems
13 Days door-to-door
We honour many especially radiant gems on this wonderfully eventful, under-two-week safari: sparkly Cape Town and its Winelands, Phinda Private Game Reserve’s marvelously varied ecosystems, the classically golden savannahs and lush forests of the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve, and gargantuan Victoria Falls. We begin with three nights in Cape Town’s knockout One&Only, with festive excursions into the nearby Winelands. Then comes a splendid couple of days in Phinda’s seven distinct and beautiful habitats, and on to artfully designed Tengile River Lodge, on a serene bend in the private Sabi Sand Game Reserve’s Sand River, a private enclave next to Kruger National Park. We end with a thrilling watery roar at Victoria Falls and the famed Royal Livingstone, where mist from the nearby colossus Victoria Falls freshens our day.
- In-depth days in effervescent Cape Town, one-on-one meetings with local go-getters and experts, exhilarating visits to Table Mountain, the charmingly colourful Malay Quarter, an inspirational Micato-AmericaShare project, and the city’s many other shopping, historical, and human highpoints.
- Encounters with, and oenophilic wisdom from elite vintners in the gorgeous Cape Winelands.
- Meeting up with the Big Five, more or less of course, in the Phinda Private Game Reserve’s marvelously varied septet of habitats, including Africa’s last sand forest.
- Touchdown-to-takeoff service from expert guides and facilitators and 24-hour backup by our Concierge Service.
- Wildlife excursions in the wonderfully isolated Sabi Sands private game reserve adjoining Kruger National Park, in 4-wheel drive vehicles and on expertly guided, deeply informative walking safaris.
- Two days of awe-striking views and rainforest trail walking at the world’s most stupendous waterfall, Victoria Falls.
Extension! Receive a $400 Online Safari Shop Credit per Booking on Jewels of Southern Africa and Soul of India JourneysValid for new bookings deposited between February 22, 2023 – April 30, 2023 for travel February 22, 2023 – March 31, 2024 Contact your travel advisor for more information.*
*Promotion may not be combinable with any other offers, promotions or discounts, and is subject to availability and airline booking guidelines. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates are capacity controlled, subject to availability and change without notice.
Featured DestinationsView Full Itinerary
10 nights, call for price.
|Departure Dates||Starting At|
|3/27/2023 – 12/14/2023||$27,500|
|12/15/2023 – 12/31/2023||$29,500|
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, subject to availability and change without notice. Regular departures throughout the year and seasonal rates apply. Airfare from U.S. is additional. Single supplement applies and holiday supplement may apply. Valid for select travel dates, please inquire for details. Rates are available for a limited time, and are not guaranteed until Micato receives a deposit. Rates, dates, itinerary and map are subject to change. Prices, additional fees, itineraries, and availability of this product are subject to change at any time. Please contact us for more information. 1. Accommodations First-class hotel accommodations based on twin-bedded rooms with private bath or showers—the categories assigned to hotels reflect the opinion of Micato Safaris. 2. Meals Three meals daily per the itinerary, based on evening arrivals on Day 2. 3. Air Transportation Your travel agent should arrange international flights or Micato can refer you to its preferred purveyor of air tickets. Internal African flights on safari must be purchased through Micato. 4. Luggage Tour rates include the transport and handling of two pieces of luggage per per- son per airline regulations. Guests are urged, however, to travel with only one medium-size suitcase. On certain flights within Africa, strict luggage restrictions apply; details are provided in tour documentation. Luggage and personal effects are at owner's risk throughout the tour. 5. Taxes The tour program includes hotel taxes as imposed by city and state govern- ments, entrance fees to National Parks and Game Reserves, and airport taxes for intra-country flights. International airport taxes are not included. Please Note: If a minimum number of travellers is not reached, Micato may provide local guides in each location in place of a Micato tour or safari director. Extensions are locally guided. Not Included in Quoted Tour Rates: Cost of obtaining passports, visas, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, communication (calls, faxes, emails, etc.), international airport departure tax (to be paid in U.S. dollars or acceptable foreign currencies), and deviations from the tour.